- SparkularFX was new to LDI with their indoor spark fountain machines. The Sparkular system produces a dynamic, non-hazardous, effect that looks exactly like traditional fireworks or pyrotechnics.
The effect is simply created using a Sparkular machine and a granulated alloy, removing the need for gunpowder or traditional pyrotechnic techniques.
The duration and height of the effect can be varied throughout a display, with sequences of 'dancing' sparks created to entertain audiences.
The advantages of using the system as opposed to traditional fireworks or pyrotechnics are as follows:
- No hazardous materials to transport or store on site.
- Much safer than using traditional pyrotechnics.
- No large safety or exclusion zones are required as the units produce cold fallout which is perfectly safe (the audience can pass their hands through the effect without any concern).
- Can be used in locations where fireworks and pyrotechnics are not permitted.
- Up to 15 minutes of effect can be produced from just one powder refill (equivalent to 1800 x 0.5 second pyrotechnic gerbs). This makes the system far more cost-effective.
- Low smoke output.
- Rigging time and crew requirement is dramatically reduced when compared to traditional pyrotechnics, again, making them far more cost-effective.
- Variable duration and height of the effects is achievable.
- The system is ideal for permanent installations or multiple date productions as they remove the need for re-loading.