Systems Sales - New York, NY
Barbizon’s Systems Division located in New York, NY specializes in the design and integration of lighting and rigging systems for broadcast facilities, theaters, educational institutions, themed environments and a wide variety of other facilities.
- Utilize Design and Technical Skills as consultative tools to sell Systems jobs to include, but not limited to, Rigging, Lighting, and Sound.
- Develop a client base of Design Professionals, Contractors, and End-Users.
- Utilize a disciplined sales process to include target account planning, accurate forecasting, opportunity and pipeline development/management.
- Develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for sale of complete systems and system components
- Coordinate pricing between providers and end-users.
- Attend meetings with end-users, consultants, architects, and representatives in the office and in the field.
- Assist architects, consultants, and end-users in the design and implementation of complete systems and system components.
- Write/compile specifications and coordinate the creation of drawings for consultants and architects to create a full biddable document.
- Provide quotations and budget numbers for end-users, consultants, and architects.
- Bid on projects, both public and private.
- Attend trade shows to make contacts, create leads, and learn about new products.
- Build relationships with manufacturers, clients, and subcontractors.
- Participate in industry trade associations/groups.
- Be willing to achieve trade accreditations/certifications as required.
Required skills include:
- Well-rounded technical theater knowledge base, esp. in stage lighting, rigging, and sound.
- Must be self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents, including plans and specifications
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, contact management, email, web, and working knowledge of AutoCAD / Visio.
- Proven writing skills: used in document/specification creation and quotations.
Qualified Candidate will have:
- M.F.A or equivalent experience.
- Proven previous sales experience.
- An understanding of basic business practices.
- Previous technical theatrical design or implementation experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
Barbizon is an international corporation with a small company atmosphere. A competitive salary and excellent benefits package are available for a proven performer.
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com