Systems Integrator – Alexandria, VA
Barbizon Lighting's Capitol office in Alexandria, VA is looking for a full-time Systems Integrator to join our Mid-Atlantic Systems team.
Barbizon Lighting is the leading supplier of entertainment lighting, rigging, drapery and expendables serving the industry of theater, television, film, schools, universities, themed environments and a wide variety of other facilities for over 70 years.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Generate profitable sales of products and services offered by Barbizon Lighting.
- Design and integrate lighting and/ or rigging systems.
- Generate bills of materials and proposals or quotations in response to project requirements.
- Generate specifications, drawings, and contract documents as may be required.
- Respond to RFPs, consultant bids, and design-build proposals.
- Develop and maintain client, manufacturer, and contractor contacts.
- Maintain and increase a knowledge base of products, applications, and paths to market.
- Professionally represent the Systems Division to clients and the industry.
- Identify projects which could benefit from Barbizon’s products and services.
- Develop and implement strategies to place Barbizon in the best position possible to make a profitable sale.
- Identify and communicate new market opportunities.
- Market our company, products, and services to prospective clients.
Required skills and qualifications include:
- Clear understanding of the installation, operation, and integration of lighting and rigging systems.
- Design and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate with clients and vendors.
- Understanding of standard construction documentation (plans and specifications).
- BS, BA, or MFA in technical theatre, engineering, or a related discipline; or commensurate professional experience.
- Sales experience.
Barbizon offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Fred Null at firstname.lastname@example.org.