Service Technician - Orlando, FL
Barbizon Lighting is looking for a full-time Service Technician for our Systems Division in Orlando, FL.
Barbizon is the leading supplier of entertainment lighting, rigging, drapery, expendables, and theatrical systems integration. We have served the theatre, television, film, educational, and themed environment industries with distinction for 71 years. We're an international corporation with a small company atmosphere.
Overall Responsibility: Provide technical support and service to the Systems Division
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Field and bench service and repairs.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to Barbizon’s customers, both on-site and remotely via phone and/or electronic messaging.
- Provide site surveys, including but not limited to, field dimensions for projects, service inquiries, and new opportunities.
- Provide Systems Division and factory commissioning of systems, including low-voltage terminations.
- Train new customers on operations and maintenance of a new system and/or components.
- Maintain equipment and parts inventory as needed.
- Maintain customer and job files as needed.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Repairs Coordinators to schedule repair ticket punch lists and on-site coordination of new system turn-ons.
- Execute billing of customers and manufacturers for technical support.
- Attend factory training with appropriate frequency to maintain manufacturer certifications.
- Installation of lighting equipment on site to include: assembly of distribution and control racks, unpacking and setting up of all system components, and hang & focus of fixtures.
- Promote Barbizon’s Systems and Service Divisions.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Attributes:
- Possess an understanding of entertainment lighting, architectural lighting, and lighting control systems. (DMX, RDM, 0-10, DALI, etc.)
- Has a basic understanding of networking and network security as they relate to lighting control systems.
- Possess a reasonable understanding of high voltage electric and best practices for working with it.
- Working knowledge of electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Ability to read and understand construction documentation.
- Able to navigate an active construction site - work well with contractors and subcontractors.
- Ability to follow direction from both Barbizon Management and customer requests.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude and relations with all vendors.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Background and practical experience in technical aspects of entertainment and architectural systems.
- Technical Theatre or Television degree or comparable work experience or equivalent Technical School or Military training preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package are available for the right candidate.
If the above qualities describe you, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com