Sales Assistant - Phoenix, AZ
About the company
Barbizon Light supplies professional lighting equipment for the Theater, TV, Film and other industries. The Phoenix Barbizon office has been in business for over 10 years and consists of committed employees – most having worked for the company 3-10 years. Barbizon Lighting Company is a leader in the industry with offices throughout the US.
It is a national corporation with a small company atmosphere. More information about Barbizon is available at www.barbizon.com
About the Opportunity:
Barbizon is seeking a self-starting individual to fill a full-time position in Sales Assistance. The position allows for personal growth and development by providing an opportunity to further knowledge of the entertainment industry, equipment used in the industry, sales techniques, and problem-solving.
Scope of Work:
- Fulfill orders for existing customers by answering incoming phone calls, email, or walk-in requests.
- Determine customer needs and prepare quotations within established guidelines.
- Follow-up with leads and customers to determine the status of open quotations.
- Negotiate with customers and vendors, finalize sales, and manage customer expectations.
- Process paperwork accurately and quickly to ensure terms and deadlines are being met. (Sales Orders, Invoices, Picking Tickets, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Update customers on order status by providing shipment notifications, tracking updates, and backorder status.
- Prevent and solve problems with customer orders.
- Proactively contact existing customers via phone or email to maintain and grow long-term relationships.
- Establish relationships with sales leads furnished by the website, tradeshows or Sales Manager.
- Develop an effective method of lead follow-up to earn new and repeat business.
- Log and perpetuate accurate records of communication with leads, customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Participate in maintaining a professional showroom appearance
- Coordinate customer demos, returns, and factory repairs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, self-sufficient, reliable, and accountable.
- Committed to accurate, thorough, and exemplary work.
- Ability to manage multiple action items and requests.
- Able to take ownership of potential issues before they become a problem and commit to follow-through until the issue is resolved.
- Common Sense – logic, deduction and reasoning
- Friendly, positive, enthusiastic, team player.
- Committed with flexibility to work overtime.
- See challenges as an opportunity for growth.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel; accounting and CRM software experience are a plus
- Know what is possible – under promise and over-deliver.
High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
Prior Work Experience:
- Experience with theatrical and/or video lighting equipment
- 1-2 years previous experience working in the entertainment industry
- Experience working in phone sales, telemarketing and/or customer service oriented positions.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package offered for proven performer.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume via email “Phoenix Sales Assistant Application” in your subject line to: email@example.com