Sales Assistant - Denver, Colorado
Barbizon Light of the Rockies is seeking a self-starting individual to fill a full-time position as Sales Assistant.
- Participate as part of a team to increase overall sales by recognizing and acting on opportunities.
- Maintain and grow existing customer relationships by providing exceptional customer service.
- Develop new customer relationships by proactively responding to sales leads.
- Provide assistance to the sales team where needed, in all steps of the sales process, with the goal of helping sales and profits grow.
- Fulfill orders for existing customers by answering incoming phone calls, email, or walk-in requests.
- Determine customer needs and prepare quotations within established guidelines.
- Follow-up with leads and customers to determine the status of open quotations.
- Negotiate with customers and vendors, finalize sales, and manage customer expectations.
- Process paperwork accurately and quickly to ensure terms and deadlines are being met. (Sales Orders, Invoices, Picking Tickets, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Update customers on order status by providing shipment notifications, tracking updates, and backorder status.
- Prevent and solve problems with customer orders.
- Proactively contact existing customers via phone or email to maintain and grow long-term relationships.
- Establish relationships with sales leads furnished by the website, tradeshows or Sales Manager.
- Develop an effective method of lead follow-up to earn new and repeat business.
- Log and perpetuate accurate records of communication with leads, customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Participate in maintaining a professional showroom appearance
- Coordinate customer demos, returns, and factory repairs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, self-sufficient, reliable, and accountable.
- Committed to accurate, thorough, and exemplary work.
- Ability to manage multiple action items and requests.
- Able to take ownership of potential issues before they become a problem and commit to follow-through until the issue is resolved.
- Friendly, positive, enthusiastic, team player.
- Committed with flexibility to work overtime.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel; accounting and CRM software experience are a plus
- Experience with theatrical and/or video lighting equipment
- 1-2 years previous experience working in the entertainment industry
- Experience working in phone sales, telemarketing and/or customer service oriented positions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college preferred.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org