Purchasing Agent - Denver, CO
Barbizon Light of the Rockies, located in Denver, CO, is looking for an experienced purchasing agent. This is a full-time position that offers a great opportunity to work in an exciting, fast paced environment. Applicant should have at least 3 to 5 years of experience, ideally with theatrical/architectural lighting.
Barbizon has been providing the entertainment industry with lighting, rigging and drapery supplies for more than 70 years. The Denver office, headquarters of Barbizon’s Western Region which includes offices in Dallas and Phoenix, services customers in the western half of the US. The company specializes in the supply of entertainment lighting and rigging equipment in venues such as professional theatres, television studios, retail stores, schools, universities and themed environments.
Job responsibilities include purchasing inventory for all departments, including stock goods, drop ship items and general operational needs. Managing inventory and keeping stock at expected levels and interacting with Vendors.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Keep inventory levels at a rate that allows orders to flow without overstocking, or understocking.
- Create purchase orders for warehouse inventory, and drop shipments to customers.
- Ensure that backorders are filled.
- Maintain min/max reports in order to maintain proper stocking levels.
- Review sales or shipping confirmations to confirm correct pricing.
- Maintain proper pricing in business accounting system.
- Correct inventory discrepancies as needed.
- Work closely with Warehouse Coordinator to address inventory issues.
- Follow up with vendor on any packing or pricing discrepancies.
- Work with sales department on pricing issues, changes or new product additions.
- Defective merchandise return.
- Work with the National Purchasing Manager and IT team on the upkeep of the data set in accounting software.
- Maintain current vendor price lists.
Skills & Attributes
- Extremely well organized.
- Attention to detail.
- Good phone skill.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, college preferred.
- Previous purchasing experience required at managerial level.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org