Purchasing Agent - Alexandria, VA
Barbizon Capitol, located in Alexandria, VA, is looking for an experienced purchasing agent. This is a full-time position that offers a great opportunity to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Applicant should have at least 3 to 5 years of experience, ideally with theatrical/architectural lighting.
Barbizon has been providing the entertainment industry with lighting, rigging and drapery supplies for more than 50 years. The Alexandria (Washington, DC) office services customers in the mid-Atlantic region. The company specializes in the supply of entertainment lighting and rigging equipment in venues such as professional theatres, television studios, retail stores, schools, universities and themed environments.
Job responsibilities include purchasing inventory for all departments, including stock goods, drop ship items and general operational needs. Managing inventory and keeping stock at expected levels and interacting with Vendors.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Keep inventory levels at a rate that allows orders to flow without overstocking, or understocking.
- Making sure all paperwork is processed. Purchase orders are written and accepted.
- Dropship orders are invoiced.
- Backorders are filled, either as a drop ship or filled from stock.
- Maintain min/max reports in order to maintain proper stocking levels.
- Review sales or shipping confirmations to confirm correct pricing.
- Maintain proper pricing in MAS.
- Correct inventory discrepancies as needed.
- Work closely with Warehouse Coordinator to address inventory issues.
- Follow up with vendor on any packing or pricing discrepancies.
- Work with sales department on pricing issues, changes or new product additions.
- Defective merchandise return.
- Catalog maintenance.
- Work with the National Purchasing Manager and IT team on the upkeep of the data set in MAS.
- Maintain current vendor price lists.
Skills & Attributes
- Extremely well organized.
- Attention to detail.
- Good phone skill.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors.
- High School Diploma, or equivalency, or equivalent job experience.
- Previous purchasing experience required at managerial level.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com