Outside Sales - Alexandria, VA
Barbizon Lighting Company's Alexandria, VA office is seeking a self-starter with a background in film and television to maintain new and existing customer relationships in a fast-paced and continually changing industry.
The Barbizon Lighting Company a leading supplier of entertainment lighting, rigging, drapery and expendables serving the industry of theater, television, film, schools, universities, themed environments and a wide variety of other facilities for more than 70 years.
Responsibilities of the position include but not limited to:
- Cultivate customer leads furnished by our website, manager, trade shows or any other bona fide source with the intention of turning the lead into a repeat customer.
- Visit leads and/or customers at their location.
- Collaborate with the customer, evaluate their requirements and offer suitable solutions.
- Follow up with prospective customers to answer questions and attempt to close the sale.
- Be able to demonstrate equipment with good presentation skills for both customers, trade shows, and community outreach.
- Meet with vendors as they visit, look for ways to improve product knowledge and sales techniques and collaborate on joint events when applicable.
- Attend local tradeshows and other Barbizon sponsored events.
- Work and communicate seamlessly between Barbizon Products & Expendables and Systems Integration on projects.
- Submit weekly reports and attend weekly sales meetings.
- Coordinate with the Sales Manager on creating and executing workshops and demo's (in the office and in the field) and collaborate on creative ideas to build and attract business through events.
- Travel required.
- BS, BFS, MFA or other appropriate educational backgrounds
- Strong working knowledge of equipment and its application
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Highly motivated
- Minimum two (2) years working with related equipment
- *Sales experience preferred.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.