Bench Repair Technician - Alexandria, VA
Barbizon Lighting's location in Alexandria, VA has an immediate full-time opening for a Bench Repair Technician to provide technical support and service to Barbizon Lighting customers and employees. Duties to include the following:
- Troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, testing and upgrade/retrofit of dimming and lighting control systems
- Troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, testing and upgrade of production lighting equipment
- Technical maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of technical systems
- Technical phone/counter support for products sold
- Electronic/electric/mechanical bench support
- Bench repairs
- Customer phone support
- Generate, maintain and organize related files
- Report to the Field Services & Repairs Coordinator on daily activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Thorough understanding of lighting and control systems
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, electronic and mechanical components and lighting/control systems
- Intermediate or better electrical skills practices
- The ability to read and understand schematics and mechanical drawings
- Demonstrated understanding of theatrical lighting systems and related problem-solving skills
- Understanding of DMX and networking protocols
- Knowledge of computer and network troubleshooting and repair
- Strong personal motivation and self-starting skills
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to follow direction
- Moving light and/or Factory Certification- a strong plus
- Bachelor of Science, BFA or MFA in Technical Theater, Engineering or related discipline, equivalent technical school, military training, or experience.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.