Assistant Project Manager - Alexandria, VA
Barbizon Capitol is currently seeking qualified applicants for full-time Assistant Project Manager position as we expand the Systems Division in our office.
Barbizon Capitol services customers in the mid-Atlantic region (DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, and WV) from our offices in Alexandria, VA. Barbizon Lighting Company has been providing the entertainment industry with lighting and rigging supplies and systems for more than 65 years. Barbizon’s Systems Division specializes in the supply, integration, and installation of lighting and rigging equipment for venues including professional theatres, television studios, retail stores, educational facilities, and themed environments. For more information about Barbizon, please visit www.barbizon.com.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work with Project Managers during of all phases of Systems projects including quality and cost control from submittal through closeout.
- Delivery of equipment and supervision of onsite labor.
- Prepare and test equipment prior to installation.
- Assist with the creation of equipment schedules, submittals, submittal drawings, delivery tracking, operations and maintenance manuals, and as-built documentation.
- Work with end users on training and troubleshooting.
The applicant must possess the following:
- BA in technical theater or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology, Engineering, Construction or related field with relevant work experience in theatrical or broadcast venues.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to problem solve in a dynamic and high-pressure environment as a part of a project team which includes internal and external personnel.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Prior experience with theatrical rigging systems, computerized lighting control, theatrical dimming systems, and control interfaces.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computer networks required including Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office. Experience with AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks and LightWright recommended, but not required.
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting construction drawings.
- Experience with safe shop fabrication techniques.
- Reliable personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to drive 24’ non-CDL truck.
- Able to lift 75 pounds, climb ladders/ steps to heights.
- Comfortable working at heights in excess of 50ft when accessed safely.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an excellent benefits package.
Please submit your resume and references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org