Accounting/Operations Assistant - Charlotte, NC
Barbizon Lighting*, located in Charlotte, NC has an immediate opening for a full-time Accounting/Operations Assistant to work in our accounting and operations groups. This position will provide accounting support and back up to the operations team in the warehouse. Must have excellent data entry skills with strong attention to detail. The individual must be able to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management skills and an ability to prioritize.
* Located throughout the United States and abroad, Barbizon is the leading supplier of entertainment lighting, rigging, drapery, and expendables for over 70 years serving the theater, television, film, schools, universities, and themed environment industries. Barbizon is an international corporation with a small company atmosphere. A competitive salary and excellent benefits package is available.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Scan paperwork (purchase orders, sales orders, pack slips, and other various documents) and index.
- Invoice sales orders and close batch. Prepare to mail (print invoices, fold, and meter).
- File Accounts Payable and Purchase Order invoices.
- Match AP/PO invoices to check stubs and prepare for mailing.
- Assist as needed with customer requests (copies of invoices, statements, etc.).
- Code, reconcile and enter into excel monthly AmEx Statement
- Completion and filing of ACH paperwork, vendor profile forms, and various other forms.
- Assist with various audits.
- Build weekly freight spreadsheet and add freight to SO’s.
- Weekly reconciliations with vendors.
- Respond to vendor and management inquiries regarding payables.
- Assist with interoffice reconciliations.
- Audit and update customer accounts for proper information (email address for invoice delivery, contact for AP, updated tax-exempt certs.).
- Collection calls and emails.
- Review customer statements and reconcile
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Assist in receiving all materials delivered to the warehouse.
- Assist in the location of warehouse materials.
- Assist with pulling materials for orders, packs and routes them as necessary.
- Assist with processing shipments, creates packing slip and shipping labels.
- Assist with processing of all MAS integration for tracking and freight billing.
- Assist with processing of all receiving paperwork and enters data in MAS.
- 3 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Must be Computer Literate and understand databases.
- Proven & Effective communication skills.
- Working well in a team environment as well as independently.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.